Acne Skin Care: I finally found something that works

I've been trying out a lot of different organic options. A month and a half ago I started with a new face wash/cleaner. I haven't posted about it yet because I wanted to make sure I had something to show for.

I have literally tried everything you can possibly try on my skin and face. I have a combination of skin types. My face gets extremely dry from harsh products and it's also blemish prone.

I've visited the Clinique counter many times and each time I am given a different product. 
I've tried Proactive, it dries my face and makes me get wrinkles :-/ 
Neutrogena cleansers don't seem to work after a month or two. 
Clean & Clear hasn't worked.
Witch Hazel makes my pores smaller but the pimples are still there. 
Let's not talk about what Rubbing Alcohol has done :-(
A while ago I even got a chemical peel on my face, that didn't do much.

Nothing seems to work and in the past years my skin has gotten even worse. About 5 months ago I started using this Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid-Lotion Sunscreen. My old blemishes started fading and my new ones seemed to be dwindling. It was weird because it's a sunscreen not an anti-acne product. 

My skin still felt dry and I still hadn't found a cleanser I liked. I decided to try out Burt's Bees© Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. I went on a trip to Atlanta, Georgia in March and had noticed it on the shelf of the person's house I stayed at. I bought it in May and have been using it since. My acne is GONE! I'm not kidding. Last weekend I went to a wedding and I didn't wear any face makeup, i.e. powder, foundation or concealer. It's been at least 5 years since I could say I've been able to do that. This transformation has happened over a period of 2 or 3 months and I am so happy with it I thought I should share what I'm doing cause it may benefit others. 

In the morning: 

Wash my face with Burt's Bees© Orange Essence Facial Cleanser 
Pat my face dry 
Apply Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid-Lotion Sunblock 

Apply make up as usual. 


At night: 

Wash my face with Burt's Bees© Orange Essence Facial Cleanser 
Apply oil-free moisturizing night cream. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Omg good experiment! Ima try this out now. Ive been using proactiv and im like k this isnt doing a whole lot! Thx Flor!
Flor Olivo said…
Yup! Good luck and just remember to stay consistent!
Liliana M said…
I'm going to try it too :) Thanks flor! My face is the same way it'll go from super dry with certain products to super oily other days & nothing seems to work :/ I feel like I hit puberty again. lol Anyways thanks!
Alma said…
This is great ! I have been breaking out recently and needed a new cleanser. Thanks Flor!

Popular Posts