No te da verguenza! You have no shame!

El otro dia, the other day someone said to me, "no te da verguenza!" "you have no shame," in reference to a comment I made about not cleaning my house. I thought about it and responded, "um, yea why should I." Everyone that lives in our home should help too. I work, go to school, and am a parent. I frankly don't want to spend my spare time cleaning. Not that I have much anyway.

In any case, this made me think about a lot of things I've said on Facebook or on my blog. I really am not embarrassed of many things. I aspire to be successful and one day have a nice home, a more energy efficient car, enough time and money to invest in some cool beauty products... 

But for now I know that while I am working on building my empire of happiness I can't have everything I can imagine. I feel happy for those around me that do, and feel genuinely sad for those that pretend to. 

I am far from perfect. I fight with my family, argue with my husband, and sometimes even yell at my kids. Some nights I watch Mob Wives cause I don't got enough drama in my life, lol. And some days I like to be a hermit. I've decided that is who I am, and I will change things that cause unhappiness in my life but if I don't absolutely have to change then I like me just the way I am. 

The people around me can choose to like me, or not. I will be here. 


Comments

D. on the Spot said…
Flor...Dont ever feel bad about not having your house in perfect shape...with kids there is no way to have a house in perfect shape...believe even if you try it gets messy...not that you shouldnt..haha...its just cleaning is important just dont stress about it...and everyone who lives in the home even from the littlest one should go out of their way to help in any way as small as possible because it is everyones HOuse RIGHT?? haha not just your house....I like your post thank you for having Join Utah Latina Bloggers...ahora go and add your link so others can start visiting you too...
Anonymous said…
My point exactly! Patricia

Popular Posts