Staying Low

I've written the first 3 lines of this post 3 times now. I have so much to write down, I just don't know what to write. When I first started this blog in 2007, it really was a journal, as time has evolved I feel myself growing self conscious of what I write and who reads it. Some days when I check my site stats I think, "WHAT! that's a lot, I wonder who these hits are from?!."

I love writing because it helps me wind down, it helps my vocabulary and style grow, also helps me grow as an individual. I like being able to print my posts and save them. I love being able to look for a date and remember how I felt on a specific day. 

Today I feel overwhelmed. I took on a volunteer babysitting job for a neighbor single mom and having 5 kids under 6 running around the house can get pretty crazy. It's fun don't get me wrong just a little much at times. I also have the dogs, rabbits, garden and chickens. Thank goodness my husband helps me so much! 

And so, I am excited tomorrow after Nati's kindergarten testing I leave to a conference for the University of Texas- San Antonio. Ahhhh I get to go to Texas for 3 days ;-) I get to listen to awesome inspiring talks from scholars who care about the same stuff I do. I get to run away from everything for a couple days. I felt a little guilty for about a minute. Are the kids gonna be okay? What if they are sad? Will my husband be able to do it all alone? 


 Always has something in his mouth!

 Yes, she was jumping over the seat of the car! ughhh. We were parked but if she could she would do it when the cars driving around! lol.

Yes, he is caked in mud. Head to toe. He says Natalia made him do it.

Then, I stopped. Yes! The world will continue moving without me. I need these days off! I'm taking 3 books and my cameras. I am gonna take a million pictures and video tape all my favorite presentations. Can't wait! Don't worry, I'll share what I learn... 


Comments

Flor, enjoy your time. Your husband will manage. Although I'd be lying if I told you I don't stress about leaving just my one with the hubbs.

The conference sounds like it's going to be educational and fun. I'll be thinking about you. Great action shot, by the way, of your daughter. *LOL* ... and the little one caked in lodo! Will look forward to hearing about your trip. *un abrazo* : D
Gisselle said…
Im sure they will be fine! you enjoy ur time in San Antonio
(my happy spot)

I love the pic of natalia jumping... hahahah good action pic!
Adriana Iris said…
Enjoy the free time you will be a better mom when you get back... stress free and happy.
You deserve every bit of time away, learning, sharing, growing. Upon return you will be an even better mom, voluteer sitter and wife. Can't wait to see what you have to share afterwards.
Love,
Di Filizola-Abalos
IG said…
im surviving :) theres no replacing a mom though. no matter what you are the heart of this family and we miss you. but on the real i am handling well so have fuuunnnn!!!! destress. i love u babe. im proud of you. u deserve to speak to all those "scholars" and let them know whats up lol jp your the greatest Flor.
You deserve every bit of time away, learning, sharing, growing. Upon return you will be an even better mom, voluteer sitter and wife. Can't wait to see what you have to share afterwards.
Love,
Di Filizola-Abalos

Popular Posts