(Not-So) Wordless Wednesday: Our Front Yard

Today Natalia said "Mom, how come Dad plays outside with us more than you? You just go outside to do your garden or feed the animals, you never play with us outside!"

My response: "Hey! I'm out here stop whinning, k and why do you always say 'you never'?" lol. 

It was one of those "because I said so responses," because I didn't know what to say.
I haven't played with them a lot in the last month or so. Lately I've been leaning on Isaac a lot. I guess I got used to him over compensating for being far away for so long. Sometimes I look back and I don't understand how I did things. 

Today the house is super messy. I'm trying to sort out one of my grades for school and I'm working a graduation video for a friend. 

I have big plans for the summer but today I'm feeling clogged. 

I took a moment off to check the kids because I let them go draw on the driveway with some chalk I got last night. They were having so much fun, I stopped to play. It was fun. We drew lots of cool things. We talked about numbers and letters. We chatted about talents. Andrei was sad because he couldn't draw some of the things Nati was drawing. (she's our family artist) 

Entre Nati y yo we explained he didn't have to draw the same as Nati. That he could sing way better than us and it was cool if we weren't all the same. He was okay with that answer and he started singing. He kept drawing but his doodles were overshadowed by his creative song. 

Sometimes I get annoyed when other parents try to force kids to be good at things they are not. We don't all have to be good at the same things. 

Imagine if we all grew up to be lawyers. Or cooks. Or models. I like that the kids are learning to see that they are great at some things and others not so much. 

Doesn't mean they can give up on the ones they're not good at but by building on natural talents their weaknesses will be overshadowed. 
Anyway, I think I'm gonna start getting them ready for bed. Just felt like writing for a couple minutes. 
Some pictures of our front yard. 








Comments

Jodi said…
WOW, these pictures are awesome!
IG said…
our kids are talented. they have a potential to do anything and be anything. we have to encourage them all the way and also blaze trails. i remember that i was always told to go to school or to get straight a's but when i had a question i couldnt turn to my parents. i didnt have a support system. children need that. if we want to see our kids strive to succeed we have to be the first ones to get off our butts and work hard to accomplish our goals.
alicia said…
Love seeing all the new life as it pops up. Great job grabbing the camera and documenting the beauty. And thanks for participating in my spring photo challenge. There is a summer one to be announced in a few days.

alicia @ projectalicia.com
IG said…
our kids are talented. they have a potential to do anything and be anything. we have to encourage them all the way and also blaze trails. i remember that i was always told to go to school or to get straight a's but when i had a question i couldnt turn to my parents. i didnt have a support system. children need that. if we want to see our kids strive to succeed we have to be the first ones to get off our butts and work hard to accomplish our goals.

Popular Posts