Gifts

Hey everyone. My name is Isaac Alejandro Giron. For those who do not have the pleasure of knowing me, I am Flor's husband. I'm not much of a writer but I love telling stories. One of my favorite stories is the one of how I ended up being the happiest man on earth. Flor asked me to guest contribute today. I obliged her. This post is one of my poems. I wrote this before Flor and I were married. I just shared this with her a few days ago. Thanks for the space to share my thoughts.


i hated you

you left me nothing
you took not just you but all 4 of you
you left me, you threw me to the curb
you discarded me
like trash

my love, i was alone

with nuthin and no one
with only emptiness and anger
depression and bitterness
only he was there for me
the other one, the fallen son

he showed me a way out

he gave me pride and control
and he promised me love like no other
the love of darkness, of an eternally broken heart
the love that having no hope gives
the love that giving up has

and i saw his eyes in mine whenever i looked in the mirror

and i knew he would never say no to me
he would never leave me
but truly all the misery didn't kill the pain
and with him only more sadness came
and i hit rock bottom then fell deeper

i couldn't stop cryin though i kept laughing

i had a way out but i was to strong to take it
my heart didn't know how to cope
and so i fell finally on my knees
and i cried to Him like never before
i asked Him to forgive me

I was sorry

sorry to Him, sorry to you, sorry
i knew that i had lost my mind and heart
and so my soul begged for His touch
and without hesitation He hugged me
showed me love like no one before

i arose a new man, barely born, just learning to walk

and my first steps lead me back to you
and i knew that His will was for me to be with you
and His will and mine intertwined..... with you
i love you like you cant imagine, you will never understand
till the day He reminds you that im your gift too


Comments

Kwhiz84 said…
Cute Blog! I loved it so much I decided to follow! Happy Monday! I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog as well! If you like it you can follow back! Thanks! Hope to blog with you again soon!

Http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Gissellegirard said…
I dont know why you would think he hated you.
I think that if he had a bad something or nothing at all for feelings, he wouldnt of written this.
I can feel the sadness in his words ,and the pain he might have felt.
I love this poem its raw. raw is good.
Flor Olivo said…
he he I know :-) I was kidding. I love it too. He's a cool one.
Flor Olivo said…
he he I know :-) I was kidding. I love it too. He's a cool one.
Tita. said…
The feeling was felt. Thank you for choosing to share it on your wife's blog. Its important to share these things, even if it seems tough to let people know but there are people out there that it touches, letting them know they are not alone. Gracias a Dios you found eachother and the repairs re in for the long run :)
- new follower
buscandotacones.blogspot.com

Popular Posts