Beautiful San Antonio

I just came back from the beautiful and historic San Antonio, Texas. I was so happy to be in Texas I was reminded of Southern Hospitality and the general feeling of culture and family. We are seriously considering doing our graduate/law studies in Texas. Maybe San Antonio, or Austin. Well see :-)



 We went on the Riverwalk Tour. The city center of San Antonio is built around a river. There are restaurants and stores, hotels and monuments built on the edges of the river. It's amazing. Hope I was able to capture some of the beauty.



My company was also great. Some of my colegas from school and my professor.



Something I actively miss from Texas are the huge trees. They are everywhere. Massive giants.


Gorgeous architecture all over downtown.






We went to Mi Tierra Restaurant to eat one of our nights there. It was delicious and the environment was incomparable. Murals of Latinos and Latinas. Bright and happy decor and very polite and nice waiters.



We got around town through the trolley system. It picked us up a short block away from our hotel and drove us to downtown which wasn't too far either. The trolley was cute.


Our conference was held at the Menger Hotel right next door to the Alamo. We learned quite a big about the Alamo. The counter-story to the version we have in our heads. But that's another blog post :-)




See, look at that massive tree!



Carriages everywhere. Poor horsies. This one looked way skinny :-( They are beautiful animals.


Amazingly tall and beautiful hotels all over downtown.





Got some awesome souvenirs, way expensive but they were just too cool! :-)


This was a great weekend. Learned a lot, got some time for myself. Now it's time to come back to reality. I have a huge mountain of laundry! I'll be back when I'm done, someday! lol. 

Comments

Ella said…
So glad you had a chance to go to San Antonio! It is a great city. Sometimes we head there during spring or summer breaks. It's a far cry from NYC!
-Ella
Giron said…
that city looks so cool. i wanna go.
Jodi said…
Beautiful pics Amiga. :)
Ella said…
So glad you had a chance to go to San Antonio! It is a great city. Sometimes we head there during spring or summer breaks. It's a far cry from NYC!
-Ella

Popular Posts