Today we went to the Capitol

Isaac was going to speak at a student demostration. Not sure what happened but he ended up not talking. This legislative session we've been keeping up with the anti-immigrant bills, trying to stay active. Not very successfully but at least the kids are learning. There was still a lot of activity at the time we made it up there today. The kids blended right in with the representatives. We got lots of smiles and "aw your children are so cute". Many offers to take pictures for us. Maybe just our presence will make a difference in their votes.



We Made the State Senate's FaceBook Page! LoL!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=26236036924&aid=280466

Comments

IG said…
i may not have given a speech but i still did alot of talking! lol that was fun. great job making the most of it!!
When he does the speech i wanna hear it. Anyway, I love how active you stay with these things. And how passionate you are about your culture. I wish there were more people like you. U are a true example. Thanks for standing up for something that is so important Flor.
Flor said…
I will let you know when he speaks again my friend. Oh and for saturday's event I can come and film. I dont know if I can commit to a table and all that yet though.
When he does the speech i wanna hear it. Anyway, I love how active you stay with these things. And how passionate you are about your culture. I wish there were more people like you. U are a true example. Thanks for standing up for something that is so important Flor.

Popular Posts