Curler

Sitting with the kids, putting makeup on.
Sudden movement followed by a murderous yell.

Andrei jumped on me and said “I love you mom.”
My eye clamped in the curler.
He jerked my arm.
I ripped out my eyelashes.
I screamed and started to cry.
“No, oh my gosh. No. No.”
Not my eyelashes. “AHHHHHHHHH Andrei. Ughhhhh. Why!?”

He started crying.
And tears of pain tricked down his cheek too.

“I am so sorry mommy. Mother please I’m so sorry!
I just wanted to surprise you,
cause I love you.”
I didn’t listen, I heard little words.
My brain stuck on the bald spots on the rim of my eye.
“Not my eyelashes! Why my eyelashes!?”
“Andrei!! how many times have I told you not to jump on people!!”

“MOM! STOP!!", yelled Nati, bringing me back to my senses.
"Andrei said sorry.
He is really sad.
Your eyelashes will grow,
Mom or you can just use that mascara thing.”
I stopped I looked into her eyes. She was right.
“Andrei!”, I called. He came I hugged him, my eye still stung, but so did his heart.

Comments

awww im sorry for ur loss first of all :)
This is really eye opener no?? Kids are wonderful. Truly teach you about life.
OUCH! Wow, sometimes our kids do things to us that are so painful they are even against the Geneva Conventions on Torture! :)
Flor said…
its okay giss i didnt post this until i ws sure they were growing back... slowly but surely! hahaha. annd yes i am always reminded of how great they are :) its humbling.

Jodi i will NEVER forget ever how much it hurt lol. ouch for sure!!

thanks for reading and leavin comments :) love u.
Flor said…
its okay giss i didnt post this until i ws sure they were growing back... slowly but surely! hahaha. annd yes i am always reminded of how great they are :) its humbling.

Jodi i will NEVER forget ever how much it hurt lol. ouch for sure!!

thanks for reading and leavin comments :) love u.
OUCH! Wow, sometimes our kids do things to us that are so painful they are even against the Geneva Conventions on Torture! :)
Ugh! I feel bath for both of you. Little ones have the best intentions but just can't anticipate consequences. I hope the little heart healed. I also hope your lashes all grew back. This happened to my younger sister recently, except the culprit had eight furry legs. That's right. A freaking spider came down from the ceiling and landed on the hand holding the curler. RIP!

Popular Posts