Seeds


Today we started our garden... inside of course ;-) but it reminded me of the gospel. Here's a little parable:


The Savior’s Parable
During Jesus’ ministry in Galilee, a great multitude gathered by the seaside to hear Him teach. He spoke to them of a sower who planted seeds in different kinds of earth—stony, thorny, and fertile—and received different amounts of fruit.


He then taught them another parable, recorded only in the testimony of Mark, that focuses on what causes a plant to grow. He said:
“So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
“And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should … grow up, he knoweth not how.
“For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
“But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come” (Mark 4:26–29).


In this parable the sower plants in faith and harvests in joy. Once the planting is done, he simply awakes one day to find that his seeds have grown to maturity. He discovers that under the influence of the soil’s richness and the sun, rain, wind, and dew, as well as other factors he cannot manipulate, the leaf sprouts and the ear is formed.



If we are diligently sowing, weeding, and watering. The seeds have no choice but to grow. This reminded me personally to never forget these steps in reaching my final goals. For church, partaking the sacrament, upholding my temple covenants and praying every day. For my family, being patient, serving, and loving. For school, studying, reading and always learning. And everyday I am taking care of my seeds it will remind me of each one of these.

Can't wait for our veggies to grow. 

Comments

Giron said…
i love planting seeds and helpin them grow. im a city guy through and through but i love growing gardens. im glad the kids love it too. its lots of fun.

Corn is my favorite cuz i love eating corn lol

the parable is a beautiful one. seeds always remind me how all the great things start small.
Flor said…
We got you corn seeds im gonna go back and get more containers and that green house stand today. I will keep u updated on our progress :-)
So beatiful. me encanta. And I love the pics:)
Flor said…
wow that means their good if the proffesional loves them! ;-) yes were going tonight u can give me the cd then :) my phones always dyin or off but i read ur txt
Jorge and Jodi said…
I LOVE this Flor. And my Mom is always was/is an avid gardener and I would always complain about having to help weed the garden etc. but in retrospect I realize just how valuable it is and now you are giving that to your beautiful kids. :) Please post the progress on your veggies. Last year I did carrots for the first time and they were so pretty. I didn't even want to eat them!
Jorge and Jodi said…
I LOVE this Flor. And my Mom is always was/is an avid gardener and I would always complain about having to help weed the garden etc. but in retrospect I realize just how valuable it is and now you are giving that to your beautiful kids. :) Please post the progress on your veggies. Last year I did carrots for the first time and they were so pretty. I didn't even want to eat them!

Popular Posts