Cousins



unforgettable, haunting
you, me, together recounting
our endless fun
our nightless days
our beautiful, excited parades.


broken glass, unshattering strength
found in a backyard so plain
soccer with cousins, my bestfriends

videos of proof, of failure to
move to the rhythm the same
ha ha how lame


Detonation of joy, no one could replace
a memory of feeling
love spew from every pour

Childhood laughter, healing all pain
Looking back and remembering
and not having to explain

why i love you so much
why i’ll never forget
that you were my first childhood friend

Comments

awww cousins are the best! I love this its cute and sooo true. Its amazing how simple things can be the best memories :)
Natashia said…
This was so beautiful Flor!! Even had me teary eyed. :)

Love,
Natashia
Natashia said…
This was so beautiful Flor!! Even had me teary eyed. :)

Love,
Natashia

Popular Posts