About me and Writing

I'm 26 years old; I started college the semester after I graduated from high school. When I hear someone say, "Your still in school!" I remember my mom's words, "Yea, but most students don't get married twice and have 3 children in between."

In addition to overcoming domestic violence and being a single mom for 3 years, I have worked the entire time I've been in school. I've had ups and downs but my support system, hard work and  perseverance have enable me to construct 9 years of combined work experience. I have been able to work in a broad spectrum of odd tasks within my jobs. Interpreting documents, providing customer service for both Spanish and English speaking customers, appearing in several Spanish language ads used for local recruitment, constructing documents and training manuals for an emerging internet based company and much more, all while raising my children.

I know that I want many things from life, and I have been able to pace myself in doing those things so that I can value and do each one well. On ocassion I have been labeled as organized but this is the only way I have been able to accomplish my goals. Which by the way, I have written down on a "things to do" notepad.

Writing has always been my passion; in the midst of life I have been able to work doing this in diverse ways. Including traveling to document events for SLCC and the University of Utah. I've had the opportunity to broaden my writing skills with business and grant writing courses through the Latin American Chamber of Commerce. A couple of years ago, a group of friends and I started an organization to disseminate information relevant to the progress and integration of Spanish speaking residents in Utah. And recently, writing stories for Venceremos has infatuated me. I have been able to apply new tenets of diverse writing  and grown as a narrator of life.

I know the future holds my dreams and I'm working hard to bring them to life. I will never stop writing and I will never stop creating.

-love-

Flor

Comments

Florecita, I'm so glad to have met you at Chantilly's community board. Your comments over there completely resonated with me.

I can't imagine living in a place even less culturally diverse than MA. I want to hear more about what that's like.

I admire what you've accomplished in your life. Don't stop. Just keep going, and going. ; )
Yay I'm so glad we found each other! Thanks for your comments!

I will definitely be posting about my encounters with close-mindedness :-)
Florecita, I'm so glad to have met you at Chantilly's community board. Your comments over there completely resonated with me.

I can't imagine living in a place even less culturally diverse than MA. I want to hear more about what that's like.

I admire what you've accomplished in your life. Don't stop. Just keep going, and going. ; )

Popular Posts